Dodge City Pulled Brisket
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Dodge City Pulled Brisket gets its name from Dodge City in Kansas, which is home to the saloon that was featured in the long-running TV series, Gunsmoke. It's a brisket that's slow-cooked with lots of onions and beef broth until it's fall-apart tender. The results are smokin' good!
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-pound) fresh beef brisket, cut into large chunks
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans onion soup
- 4 cups water
- 1 (11.25-ounce) package Texas toast, prepared according to package directions
What to Do
- In a soup pot over high heat, combine brisket, onions, soup, and water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Shred meat with forks and mix well. Serve over warm Texas toast.
Check This Out!
- Who doesn't love a hearty side of mashed potatoes with brisket? We suggest our recipe for these Award Winning Mashed Potatoes!
- For more brisket recipes you'll love, make our Cowboy Brisket or our Crowd-Pleasing Brisket.
- You could also serve this recipe with our Honey Bourbon Carrots, our Dressed Up Wild Rice, or our Parmesan Smashed Potatoes.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!