Dodge City Pulled Brisket
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Dodge City Pulled Brisket gets its name from Dodge City in Kansas, which is home to the saloon that was featured in the long-running TV series, Gunsmoke. It's a brisket that's slow-cooked with lots of onions and beef broth until it's fall-apart tender. The results are smokin' good!
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-pound) fresh beef brisket, cut into large chunks
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans onion soup
- 4 cups water
- 1 (11.25-ounce) package Texas toast, prepared according to package directions
What to Do
- In a soup pot over high heat, combine brisket, onions, soup, and water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Shred meat with forks and mix well. Serve over warm Texas toast.
Check This Out!
- Who doesn't love a hearty side of mashed potatoes with brisket? We suggest our recipe for these Award Winning Mashed Potatoes!
- For more brisket recipes you'll love, make our Cowboy Brisket or our Crowd-Pleasing Brisket.
- You could also serve this recipe with our Honey Bourbon Carrots, our Dressed Up Wild Rice, or our Parmesan Smashed Potatoes.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cookie recipe combines two of Mrs. Claus' holiday favorites: gingerbread and eggnog! Mrs. Claus' Holiday Cookie Cups look great on a Christmas cookie platter, but they taste even better. After all, what could be better than a gingerbread cup filled with a fluffy eggnog cream? (Rumor has it that Santa and the elves really love these!)