Dodge City Pulled Brisket
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Dodge City Pulled Brisket gets its name from Dodge City in Kansas, which is home to the saloon that was featured in the long-running TV series, Gunsmoke. It's a brisket that's slow-cooked with lots of onions and beef broth until it's fall-apart tender. The results are smokin' good!
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-pound) fresh beef brisket, cut into large chunks
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans onion soup
- 4 cups water
- 1 (11.25-ounce) package Texas toast, prepared according to package directions
What to Do
- In a soup pot over high heat, combine brisket, onions, soup, and water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Shred meat with forks and mix well. Serve over warm Texas toast.
Who doesn't love a hearty side of mashed potatoes with brisket?!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a no-bake homemade dessert that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer weather months? Then have to try our Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches! Not only will this fresh-tasting dessert keep your kitchen cool, but it's got some supermarket-shortcuts to make it less hassle too!