Fifties-Style Salisbury Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Salisbury steak is a classic dish that has stood the test of time, and our recipe for Fifties-Style Salisbury Steak is one you'll want to make a dinnertime staple. These seasoned, ground beef patties taste even better when smothered in saucy goodness, and served alongside creamy mashed potatoes!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine 1/4 cup soup, the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, the garlic powder, and pepper. Shape into firm patties.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, cook half the patties until browned on both sides. Remove from skillet and set aside; repeat procedure with remaining patties. Spoon off fat.
- In same skillet, mix together remaining soup, the milk, and mushrooms, then return patties to skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes or until patties are cooked through and no pink remains, turning occasionally.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve.
- You can substitute 1 pound ground turkey for the beef but if you do, be sure to increase the bread crumbs to 1/2 cup.
- There is nothing that goes better with salisbury steak than mashed potatoes. Try a batch of our Classic Mashed Potatoes and smother them with the gravy from the salisbury steaks.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 188
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 4.5g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 15g 30 %
- Cholesterol 51mg 17 %
- Sodium 94mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 4.7g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 1 %
- Sugars 0.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!