Grandma Lois' Pot Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy pot roast recipe was shared with us by a grandma who loves ballroom dancing! Whenever she made this comforting meal for dinner, the whole family would rush to the table. Plus, Grandma Lois' Pot Roast is made in one pot, so you know it's going to be easy. That leaves a lot more time for dancing!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (2-1/2- to 3-pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 4 large carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 5 potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
What to Do
- In a Dutch oven over high heat, heat oil until hot. Evenly sprinkle roast with salt and pepper on both sides. Place in pot and sprinkle onion around roast.
- Cook roast 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned on both sides. Add garlic, broth, and 1 cup water to pot; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour. Add carrots and potatoes, cover, and continue cooking 30 to 40 minutes, or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove meat and vegetables to a platter; cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1/4 cup water and the flour. Slowly stir flour mixture into pan juices and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened. Slice roast across grain and serve with vegetables and gravy.
- Looking for more one-pot recipes? There's something to satisfy everyones tastes in these Quick and Easy One Pot Meals!
- Whether you've just said "I do," or you're celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary, our Newlyweds' Pot Roast recipe is the perfect dinner for hubby!
- Feeling a bit nostalgiac? This Old-Fashioned Pot Roast recipe is sure to bring back childhood memories!
- Fun Fact!
- Pot roast is actually called Yankee pot roast when vegetables are added to the pot partway through the cooking process. Maybe it should be the official dish of Yankee Stadium!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Pull-Apart Cheese Bread is great for a movie night at home with some friends and family. That's 'cause this pull-apart bread is made with delicious and irresistible ingredients, like two kinds of melted cheese and yummy buttermilk biscuits. Just don't blame us if this recipe steals the show!