Hearty Beef & Cabbage Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're craving something warm, comforting, and hearty that won't weigh you down, our recipe for Hearty Beef & Cabbage Skillet is just what you need. This one-pan dinner is made with hearty, lean ground beef and better-for-you brown rice, cooked with cabbage, in a rich and flavorful tomato sauce. It's mouthwatering-good!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add beef and onion and saute over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until no longer pink. Drain excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 35 to 40 minutes, or until rice is tender.
We suggest you top off this delicious meal with a plate of our Traditional Brownies!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy strawberry taste is perfect for an outdoor picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert.