Italian Country-Fried Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Southern and Midwestern home-style, all-American cooking at its best, but this way? The Italian dressing really kicks this one up a notch.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds cubed steak
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
What To Do:
- Cut cubed steak into individual-sized portions and place in a large bowl. Pour Italian dressing over steak pieces and toss well.
- Place flour in a plastic bag or dish; add steak pieces and coat well.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add steak pieces and fry, turning to brown both sides. Then fry steak for approximately 2 minutes more per side or until a golden-brown crust has formed.
- Serve with warm spaghetti sauce.
Serve over mashed potatoes, if you like. You can also try this recipe with hamburger, or with chicken, turkey, or veal cutlets, instead of steak. Instead of Italian dressing, you can try your favorite salad dressing - creamy, plain, or light - and any other seasonings that will give it your own special touch.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The creamy chicken filling isn't the only thing that "bubbles up" in this Easy Chicken Bubble Bake. When you set it to bake with the biscuits on top, you'll find that the whole casserole "rises" to the occasion. What's the occasion? A fantastic evening dinner!