Jennie's Swiss Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Steak, onions, and a little bit of patience is all you need to create this simple dinner recipe. With just a touch of seasoning, we've found a way to make steak an easy weeknight meal. Once you and your family sit down and start digging in, we think you'll see how just the right amount of flavoring can really add a whole lot of "oomph" to your meal. So... what are you waiting for?! Print out the recipe and make it for your family tonight!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (2-pound) boneless beef chuck steak, 1-1/2 inches thick
- 4 large onions, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large nonstick skillet or pot, brown one side of the steak for 4 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Turn the steak and place the onions around it; continue browning the steak for 4 to 5 more minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and, using tongs, lift the steak; stir the onions and place the steak over the onions. Continue cooking for 20 to 25 more minutes, until the onions begin to turn golden, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, salt, and pepper. Pour over the steak and reduce the heat to low. Cover loosely and simmer for 1-1/2 hours, or until the meat is fork-tender.
- Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mom's Go-To Weeknight Goulash is super easy and budget-friendly, making it a great weeknight dinner recipe! This family-friendly dinner is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, a couple of veggies and your family's favorite spaghetti sauce. Everything cooks together in one skillet, and, right before it's served, it's topped with some yummy cheese. The results are delicious!