Lunch Lady Sloppy Joes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's be honest, we sort of miss the days when the lunch lady used to scoop up heaping portions of her sloppy joe mixture onto hamburger buns. There was something about Lunch Lady Sloppy Joes that made 'em extra-special. Now, we've come up with a recipe that we know would be lunch lady-approved, and ya don't have to wear a hair net to serve it!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 sandwich rolls or hamburger buns, split, buttered, and toasted
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef and onion 7 to 9 minutes, or until no pink remains in beef; drain off excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients except sandwich rolls; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon mixture evenly onto rolls and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.