Meaty Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A delicious and nutritious meal is only a half hour away with Meaty Stuffed Peppers. They'll be ready in no time.
What You'll Need
- 5 green or red bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Cut tops off bell peppers, and reserve tops; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Cook peppers in boiling salted water 4 minutes or until crisp- tender drain.
- Coarsely chop reserved pepper tops. Cook chopped pepper, beef, and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- In the same skillet, stir in tomato sauce, red pepper, garlic salt, and black pepper; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Carefully spoon meat mixture into peppers. Sprinkle with cheese.
Quickly chop bell pepper tops with ease using this little trick: Simply trim the pepper rim away from the stem with 4 strokes in a square-like pattern; then continue to chop pepper.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 330
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 6.8g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.9g 0 %
- Protein 23g 45 %
- Cholesterol 67mg 22 %
- Sodium 576mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.4g 18 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!