Mexican Pot Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Thanks to a little taco seasoning, a whole lot of tomatoes, and some other yummy ingredients, we can enjoy a Mexican-inspired version of a dinnertime classic. Our Mexican Pot Roast is full of zesty flavors that you and your family will eat right up. Serve it up tonight for a change-of-pace meal.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 three-pound lean boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add roast and brown 3 to 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and their juice, chilies, taco mix, bouillon, and brown sugar; mix well. Pour over pot roast; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 3 to 3-1/2 hours, or until roast is fork-tender. Remove roast to a cutting board.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Slowly pour into tomato mixture in soup pot and stir until sauce thickens. Slice roast across grain and serve topped with sauce.
If not serving this immediately, return the sliced roast to the pot with the sauce and keep warm over low heat until ready to serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate apple season with a homestyle Apple Coffee Cake that simply shouts comfort. Imagine taking this coffee cake warm out of the oven and serving it with a scoop of ice cream or enjoying it as a morning treat. No matter which way you choose to serve this coffee cake recipe, your whole gang will love it. Talk about the perfect autumn recipe!