Michigan Meat Pastries
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Pasties" were brought to America by English immigrants, and are now considered one of the iconic foods of the state of Michigan. Our Michigan Meat Pastries resemble those early pasties, except they're made with some easy shortcuts. If you've never had one before, you're going to love these beefy, veggie-stuffed hand pies!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen diced potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (14.1-ounce) box refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over high heat, cook beef, carrot, and onion 6 to 8 minutes, or until meat is browned. Drain liquid from skillet. Add potatoes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to meat mixture; mix well and cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Unroll both pie crusts and using a 4-inch glass or bowl, cut each crust into 4 circles. Place a heaping tablespoon of meat mixture in center of each circle. In a small bowl, whisk egg. Brush edges of dough with egg and fold over meat mixture, forming semicircles. With a fork, press edges together firmly to seal. Place on baking sheet and brush with remaining egg.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
These can be served as a main dish with some gravy drizzled over them or as a snack.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.