Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 an 8-ounce block mozzarella cheese, cut into 18 (1/2-inch) cubes
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 pound ziti, cooked according to package directions and kept warm
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, water, egg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Divide mixture into 18 meatballs, then form each meatball around a mozzarella cube, making sure to cover cheese completely. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium-low heat, combine sauce and carrots; cook 10 minutes, or until sauce is hot.
- Add meatballs to sauce, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until meatballs are no longer pink in center. Serve over ziti.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 727
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 9.2g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 37g 74 %
- Cholesterol 105mg 35 %
- Sodium 2,248mg 94 %
- Total Carbohydrates 90g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.6g 14 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spice to your life with our recipe for Sriracha Short Ribs! These short ribs are cooked till they're fall-apart tender and then slathered with a delicious sauce made from Sriracha sauce, honey, and lime juice. The results are absolutely mouthwatering!