Not Rolled "Rolled" Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 5 Min
Not-Rolled "Rolled" Cabbage updates a traditional European recipe for stuffed cabbage. It takes all the work out of this classic, but none of the delicious taste.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded (12 to 14 cups)
- 1 (14-ounce) can jellied or whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 5 gingersnap cookies, crumbled (about 1/4 cup crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs (about 1 tablespoon each).
- Place half the shredded cabbage in a soup pot then add meatballs. Spread cranberry sauce over meatballs, sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs and lemon juice then add remaining cabbage. Pour spaghetti sauce over mixture. Do not stir!
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir gently, being careful not to break up meatballs. Simmer an additional 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Our Lemon Rice is a great way to sop up the delicous extra sauce. You won't want to give up a bit of it!
If you like your rolled cabbage on the sweeter side, add a tablespoon or two of dark brown sugar.
Not-Rolled "Rolled" Cabbage made our reader favorites list for 2010! Check out all the top 20 recipes of 2010.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 17 Easy Cabbage Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Cobb Macaroni Salad is a cross between a creamy macaroni salad and a fill-ya-up Cobb salad. Not only is this macaroni salad recipe easy to follow, but it's sure to be one of the top deli salads at your next summertime cookout, backyard bash, or family get-together. We especially love that this one is hearty enough to be a meal in itself!