We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are so many different ways to make meatloaf, but sometimes, you just want that traditional meatloaf recipe like mom used to make. Our Old-Fashioned Meatloaf was made with that classic, lip-smacking, delicious supper in mind. Trust us, you won't have any trouble getting the family to the table for this classic meatloaf taste!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Italian-flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, green pepper, egg, bread crumbs, 3/4 cup ketchup, and the black pepper. Using your hands, mix ground beef mixture well and place in loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour. Spoon on remaining ketchup, sprinkle with brown sugar, and bake 10 to 15 additional minutes, or until no pink remains. Drain, if necessary, then slice and serve.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Remember to let your meatloaf sit for at least 10 minutes before slicing it for eatin'! This will help the slices hold together, so you can serve it nicely and easily!
- Potatoes of some sort always seem to be the perfect go-along with meatloaf. We've got lots to choose from on our website, but one of our favorites around here is Oven Roasted Potatoes. We also love the Rustic Homestyle Potatoes.
- A traditional meatloaf recipe is just the beginning! Check out our collection of Old-Fashioned Dinner Recipes, Dessert Recipes, and More to bring back memories of yesterday with amazing flavors that never get old.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.