One Pot Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing's more welcome or down-home anytime of year than an old-fashioned thick-with-barley-and-potatoes short ribs dinner. One Pot Short Ribs offers stick to your ribs comfort with easy clean-up.
What You'll Need:
- 3 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup barley
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine the short ribs, onion, water, paprika, salt, pepper and teriyaki sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for about 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and barley; cook for an additional hour, stirring occasionally and adding more water, if necessary.
This is one of those better-when-reheated-the-next-day recipes. Yup! And reheating in the microwave is fine.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Sauerbraten with Ginger Gravy
- Broiled Steak with Spicy Potatoes
- Dad's Meat Loaf
- 25 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes
- All American Skillet Goulash
- Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf
- Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage
- Creamed Chipped Beef
- Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef
- Redneck Chicken-Fried Steak