Porterhouse for Two
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's the perfect excuse to serve a romantic dinner for you and your sweetheart -- Porterhouse for Two, just like the name says!
What You'll Need
- 1 beef porterhouse steak, 2 inches thick (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
What to Do
- Rub the steak with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, the salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat remaining oil Add the steak and place the onions and garlic around it. Brown steak about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, then turn steak and onions over; cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare, or until desired doneness.
- Cut the beef away from the bone, slice across the grain and serve topped with the caramelized onions.
What's a better side dish than creamed spinach - and it's so easy! Just sauté a chopped onion in a little butter and add a package of frozen spinach that's been thawed and drained, salt (if desired), pepper, and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Stir until hot and thickened.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party? If so, then you've got to make our Not-Fried Chicken Cheese Balls! They feature the delicious trio of chicken, cheese, and bacon in an easy-to-eat form. Your guests will love taking a bite out of these (and you'll love how simple they are to make!).