Potato-Stuffed Meat Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Meat loaf has always been a family favorite, but when it's stuffed with mashed potatoes, like this Potato-stuffed Meat Loaf, there's a double bonus in every bite.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 5- x 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine potato flakes, water, sour cream, salt, and 1 egg; mix well and set aside.
In another medium-sized bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
Pat half of meat mixture into prepared loaf pan. Press meat down and make a 1/2-inch indentation down middle length of loaf. Fill indentation with potato mixture. Gently top with remaining meat, pressing meat down over and around potato filling.
Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until juices run clear. Allow to set 5 minutes before slicing.
Looking for more easy meatloaf recipes? Then you'll love our latest recipe collection, How to Make Meatloaf: 17 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Sauerbraten with Ginger Gravy
- Broiled Steak with Spicy Potatoes
- Dad's Meat Loaf
- 25 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes
- All American Skillet Goulash
- Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf
- Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage
- Creamed Chipped Beef
- Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef
- Redneck Chicken-Fried Steak