Quick Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll have no beef with this one, 'cause all the pressure is in the pot (and not on you)! Try our recipe for Quick Beef Stew for a fast and hearty helping of down-home, good flavor.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast or steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into quarters
- 6 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
What to Do
In a 6-quart pressure cooker, heat oil over high heat. Add beef, salt, and pepper, and brown, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pressure cooker from heat. Add potatoes, carrots, onions, broth, and 1 cup water. Lock lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to medium and cook 8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow pressure to drop slowly until steam no longer escapes from vent pipe and pressure is completely reduced.
In a small bowl, combine remaining water, the flour, and browning and seasoning sauce.
Remove lid from pressure cooker and stir flour mixture into stew, cooking over medium heat, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.