Slow-Roasted Beef Tenderloin
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for a holiday main dish that looks as good as it tastes, then look no further! Our Slow Roasted Beef Tenderloin is fancy-looking and mouthwatering-good. This beef tenderloin is simply seasoned, cooked to perfection, and topped with a homemade mushroom sauce that's absolutely divine. You and your guests will savor every bite!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin
- Garlic powder for sprinkling
- Kosher salt for sprinkling
- Coarse black pepper for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle beef evenly on all sides with garlic powder, kosher salt, and coarse black pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Cook beef until browned on all sides. Transfer beef to roasting pan.
- Roast 30 to 35 minutes for medium-rare doneness. Let beef rest 20 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet over medium heat, melt butter; saute mushrooms 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine, broth, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk water and flour until smooth. Slowly stir into skillet and heat 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Serve mushroom sauce over sliced beef.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're like most, choosing between chocolate chip cookies and brownies is a tough dessert-time decision. Not anymore! This dessert combines the best of both worlds when it comes to desserts. Our Speckled Brookie Bars are the perfect combo of ooey-gooey brownies and warm and melty chocolate chip cookies. Plus, with our certified shortcuts, this amazing dessert recipe is the easiest (just watch our video right below and see for yourself). When you just can't choose between these yummy dessert options, treat yourself and have both! There's no way this pan of bars will last more than a day in your family's home.