Slow-Roasted Beef Tenderloin
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for a holiday main dish that looks as good as it tastes, then look no further! Our Slow Roasted Beef Tenderloin is fancy-looking and mouthwatering-good. This beef tenderloin is simply seasoned, cooked to perfection, and topped with a homemade mushroom sauce that's absolutely divine. You and your guests will savor every bite!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin
- Garlic powder for sprinkling
- Kosher salt for sprinkling
- Coarse black pepper for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle beef evenly on all sides with garlic powder, kosher salt, and coarse black pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Cook beef until browned on all sides. Transfer beef to roasting pan.
- Roast 30 to 35 minutes for medium-rare doneness. Let beef rest 20 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet over medium heat, melt butter; saute mushrooms 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine, broth, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk water and flour until smooth. Slowly stir into skillet and heat 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Serve mushroom sauce over sliced beef.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your grandma's old-fashioned spaghetti. While grandma's traditional pasta is always delicious, sometimes we want to try something new. Our California Dreaming Pasta Toss is one of the best pasta recipes you've never heard about. The butter, walnuts, and spinach give it a fresh flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Trust us, once you try it, you'll be dreaming about making it again and again.