St. Patrick's Day Special
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Heard of the blue plate special? Well, this meal is the St. Patrick's Day special. And we have it every year in Chicago 'cause we spend every St. Patrick's Day there, marching in the parade and enjoying the great food and festivities!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3-pound) uncooked corned beef with pickling spices and juice
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup beer
- 1 large head cabbage, quartered
- 4 large carrots, cut into 3-inch chunks
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart pressure cooker, place corned beef with pickling spices, 1 cup water, and the beer. Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure for 60 minutes. Perform a quick release.
- Remove lid; place corned beef on a cutting board; cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining water and remaining ingredients to pressure cooker. Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure for 4 minutes. Perform a natural release.
- Remove lid; with a slotted spoon, remove vegetables to serving platter. Slice corned beef against grain and serve with vegetables.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These Beer-Brined Pork Chops are so moist, so tender, and so flavorful, you're going to want to pick up the bone and nibble on it, so you don't leave any of the goodness behind. Make these delicious pork chops on your outdoor grill in the summer or on a grill pan on a rainy day!