Wagon Train Pot Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This old west-style hearty beef brisket is sure to be a welcome addition to your table as the days get cooler. Big on taste and short on work, our Wagon Train Pot Roast is sure to be a family favorite.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) beef brisket
- 2 cups smoky-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 can French onion soup
- 2 large onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup water
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray. Place brisket fat side up in pan.
In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well then pour over brisket. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Roast 3 to 3-1/2 hours, or until fork-tender.
- Remove brisket to a cutting board. Cut across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Serve topped with sauce from the pan.
If you want to make this in advance, return the sliced brisket to the sauce in the pan, cover, and store in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, heat the covered brisket in a 300 degree oven until warmed through.
We just can't imagine pot roast without mashed potatoes. If you feel the same way, try our Mashed Potato Casserole for even more wows!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!
- Dad's Meat Loaf
- 25 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes
- Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf
- Redneck Chicken-Fried Steak
- Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage
- Dad's Beer Marinated Steak
- Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Old Fashioned Beef Pot Roast
- Better-Than-Ever Meatloaf