Angel Flake Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's something special about a warm flaky biscuit, and the self-rising flour and yeast in these Angel Flake Biscuits makes for a fluffy delight. Make a batch and you'll see just how heavenly this recipe is!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 (0.25-ounce) package yeast
- 5 1/2 cups self-rising flour, plus more for rolling out
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups buttermilk
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F. In a small bowl, combine the water and yeast and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and the sugar. Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut the shortening into the flour mixture until crumbly. Add the yeast mixture and the buttermilk and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Generously flour a flat surface and roll out the dough with a floured rolling pin to 3/4 inch thick. The dough will be sticky. With a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut the dough into biscuits and place on rimmed baking sheets that have been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until light golden. Serve immediately, or remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you don't have a biscuit cutter, an appropriately sized drinking glass can be used to cut the biscuit rounds. If you don't want to make all the biscuits at once, the dough will keep in the refrigerator for several days. When ready to use, roll it out, cut it, and let it stand for 15 minutes before baking as directed.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!