Applesauce 'n' Spice Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Applesauce 'n' Spice Bread is like eating an apple just off the tree -- crunchy outside and moist inside. Great for keeping on hand in the freezer and as a homemade holiday gift, too.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the nutmeg, and allspice.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, applesauce, eggs, and milk. Stir dry ingredients into applesauce mixture; stir in 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans. Pour batter into a greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup chopped pecans, the brown sugar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to make a topping; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Cobb Macaroni Salad is a cross between a creamy macaroni salad and a fill-ya-up Cobb salad. Not only is this macaroni salad recipe easy to follow, but it's sure to be one of the top deli salads at your next summertime cookout, backyard bash, or family get-together. We especially love that this one is hearty enough to be a meal in itself!