Autumn Harvest Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Test Kitchen loves quick breads! And you'll love our easy Autumn Harvest Bread that has all the homey tastes of the season and rivals anything you can find at a bakery.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen butternut squash, thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 1/3 cup apple juice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, baking powder, salt, cranberries, and walnuts; mix well. In a large bowl, combine squash, eggs, applesauce, and apple juice; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined; pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 1-1/4 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let cool, then slice.
If you love this bread, we're betting you'll also love our Amish Banana Bread!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.