Banana Date Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Even though we call it a bread this can be more of a dessert. And topped with cream cheese or butter it's even better!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (3 to 4 bananas)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates (a 10-ounce container is about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat together oil and sugar; add egg and mix well. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, combine banana, water, and vanilla extract.
- Add banana mixture to oil and sugar mixture alternately with flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dates and nuts. Turn mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on wire rack before slicing.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our All American Skillet Goulash takes a few tasty liberties with traditional goulash and makes an all American goulash that's praise-worthy. Wait 'til you taste our budget-friendly, skillet version that is pure hearty comfort food.