Basil Pesto Focaccia
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you enjoy this Basil Pesto Focaccia as an appetizer, snack, or go-along, your tummies will be begging for more. The Italian flavors all blend together for a combination that have the whole gang asking for the bread basket.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup fresh basil (see note)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone or Italian-blend cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Sprinkle cornmeal onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Unroll pizza crust over cornmeal. Bake 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make pesto by processing basil and next 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor until blended, stopping to scrape down sides. Spread pesto evenly over crust.
- Arrange tomato slices over pesto. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares, and serve immediately.
No time to make pesto? No problem. Skip those ingredients, and use 1/3 cup prepared pesto instead. You'll find it with canned tomato products or pasta sauces in the supermarket.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!