Brazilian Cheese Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A popular Brazilian snack is pão de queijo, or Brazilian Cheese Balls. In our recipe, we bake them till they're lightly crisped and golden on the outside, but still ooey-gooey and pillowy on the inside. These cheesy delights are worthy of a gold medal!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring oil, water, milk, and salt to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in flour and garlic until thoroughly combined. Add Parmesan cheese and eggs; mix well. (Mixture will be lumpy.)
- Form mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls and place on baking sheet. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until light golden.
- Because these are made with tapioca flour, they're gluten-free! However, if you're sensitive to gluten, we suggest you check the labels of all your ingredients to make sure they're certified gluten-free.
- Never met a cheese we didn't like! Our Cheese Straws are another way to enjoy its savory goodness!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to sunshine, good-times, and Southern Peach Cobbler! Just imagine warm, gooey cinnamon peaches, a crusty crust, and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and that's summertime in the South. But you know what? You don't have to be below the Mason-Dixon Line to enjoy this one!