Cranberry Irish Soda Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This berry tasty Cranberry Irish Soda Bread is a cinch to make! And whether or not you're Irish, the fruity flavor of cranberries bursting from this bread will make it a favorite standard in your house. Oh - right after it cools, make sure to wrap and hide it well so a leprechaun won't eat it all up!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except 1 tablespoon melted butter; mix just until moistened. Pour into the cake pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Brush the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter then cut into wedges and serve warm.
I know it's a little untraditional to use sweetened dried cranberries, but when I tried it, I loved it! If you don't have them, though, go ahead and use raisins.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 496
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 16g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 9.1g 45 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 9.7g 19 %
- Cholesterol 86mg 29 %
- Sodium 427mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 80g 27 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 10 %
- Sugars 30g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.