We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Say goodbye to store-bought croutons and hello to lots of homemade crunch and flavor. The best part is you make these Crispy Croutons with stale bread, so it costs practically nothing to become a salad or soup hero!
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups stale 1/2-inch bread chunks (about 8 slices bread) (see Options)
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted (see Options)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (see Options)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Place bread chunks in a medium bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lightly toss bread chunks with butter mixture and place on a large rimmed baking sheet; bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until crunchy throughout and golden.
- Let cool then store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- You can use any type of bread, from white to rye, with or without seeds, to make Crispy Croutons.
- If you'd prefer, you can use 4 tablespoons olive oil in place of the butter.
- To make this a cheesy croutons recipe, just add 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese, along with the other seasonings, and reduce the salt to 1/4 teaspoon, or leave out the salt entirely.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 197
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 7.5g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 3.5g 7 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 564mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 1.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate apple season with a homestyle Apple Coffee Cake that simply shouts comfort. Imagine taking this coffee cake warm out of the oven and serving it with a scoop of ice cream or enjoying it as a morning treat. No matter which way you choose to serve this coffee cake recipe, your whole gang will love it. Talk about the perfect autumn recipe!