Easy Beer Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When we say easy, we're not kidding! Four ingredients (including a secret ingredient, beer) rise to the occasion in this loaf. Self-rising flour has baking powder and salt added to it. It makes quick work of this already quick bread.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer (at room temperature)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Gradually add beer, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 4-1/2-inch by 8-1/2-inch loafpan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Brush top with butter. Cool loaf in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Slice with a serrated knife.