Easy Beer Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When we say easy, we're not kidding! Four ingredients (including a secret ingredient, beer) rise to the occasion in this loaf. Self-rising flour has baking powder and salt added to it. It makes quick work of this already quick bread.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer (at room temperature)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Gradually add beer, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 4-1/2-inch by 8-1/2-inch loafpan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Brush top with butter. Cool loaf in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Slice with a serrated knife.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.