Everyday Fruit Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
At holiday time we feel like we have to have fruitcake, and we always have leftovers. Well, this fruit loaf is different...watch how fast it disappears!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine the raisins, apricots, baking soda, sugar, and butter. Add the boiling water; mix well.
- Let cool, then add the eggs and flour. Mix by hand until moistened; the batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into a loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray and bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The finished loaf should be very moist.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
At first glance, you might think this is a rice dish, but it's actually a pasta side dish! Ya see, orzo is a small, rice-shaped pasta, that's often used interchangeably with rice. In our recipe for Orzo Mushroom Toss, we used orzo for its nuttier flavor, which goes great with the fresh mushrooms!