Hawaiian Pineapple Banana Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 loaves
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 15 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 25 Min
Get out your grass skirt and let the hula dancing commence! Our Hawaiian Pineapple Banana Bread is sure to cause a stir when you serve this tropical version of comforting homemade banana bread.
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, with 4 teaspoons liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8- x 4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir in macadamia nuts. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and reserved pineapple liquid. Drizzle over cooled breads.
- In Hawaii they'd use macadamia nuts; but pecans or walnuts are more affordable and work just as well.
- If you enjoy this bread, you'll also love our Amish Banana Bread and our Cherry Nut Bread. Give 'em a try, and check out our website for lots of other easy and tasty bread recipes.
- Looking for something more portable? Try out our Easy Banana Muffins.
- This recipe was also one of our Top 10 TV Recipes of 2012! Check out the rest here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.