Hearty Cheese Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add a little extra love to any meal you've got planned with our recipe for Hearty Cheese Biscuits. These homemade cheese biscuits promise to deliver lots of cheddar-y goodness in every bite. Slather on the jelly or eat them as-is; either way, they're tummy-lovin' good.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups self-rising flour, plus more for rolling out
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cheese, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper, if desired; mix well. Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut shortening into flour mixture until crumbly. Add buttermilk and stir until a dough forms.
- Sprinkle flour on a board; knead dough until smooth. Roll out dough with a rolling pin to 1/2-inch thickness and cut into 2-inch heart-shaped biscuits. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Don't have a heart-shaped cookie cutter? No worries, any shape will do, so long as you make them with lots of love.
- Are you a fan of heart-shaped foods? If so, then be sure to check out our recipe for Cupid's Love Pies too!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 13
- Calories 174
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 4.4g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 132mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 2.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.