Mom's Baking Powder Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
Try these sure-fire biscuits once you know my secret for getting perfect results every time. Yes, it really is all in the baking powder!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening, plus extra for coating baking sheets
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for topping biscuits and for coating baking sheets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 large cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Sift mixture into a medium-sized bowl. (No, it's not absolutely necessary to sift it, but sifting it does give better results.) Add 1/2 cup shortening and, with your fingertips, combine ingredients until mixture has appearance of fine crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring until well mixed. Scoop dough by tablespoonfuls and drop onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving about 1/2 inch between biscuits. Dust tops with flour and bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Serve hot.
Serve plain or with butter at dinner, or maybe with jam at breakfast. And why not serve these with fresh or thawed frozen fruit and whipped cream as a special brunch or anytime treat?! WOW!!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate apple season with a homestyle Apple Coffee Cake that simply shouts comfort. Imagine taking this coffee cake warm out of the oven and serving it with a scoop of ice cream or enjoying it as a morning treat. No matter which way you choose to serve this coffee cake recipe, your whole gang will love it. Talk about the perfect autumn recipe!