Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 dozen
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
Incredibly light and fluffy, Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits will simply melt in your mouth, just like Grandma's biscuits always did!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups self-rising flour, plus more for rolling out
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups buttermilk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and sugar; mix well. Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut shortening into flour mixture until crumbly. Add buttermilk and stir just until a soft dough forms.
- Lightly flour a flat surface; using a rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut into round biscuits and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until light golden. Serve warm, or remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve these with a little butter for the perfect addition to breakfast...or any meal, for that matter!
Looking for more recipes with buttermilk? Our Best Buttermilk Recipes: 12 Recipes with Buttermilk can help you!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!