Shortcut Amish Friendship Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We put a shortcut twist on the time-honored recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. Instead of passing around a starter, our Shortcut Amish Friendship Bread recipe makes enough for two loaves, so you can just call your friends and invite them over to enjoy the finished product!
What You'll Need
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat two 9- x 5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir liquid mixture into flour mixture and combine well. Evenly divide mixture into 2 loaf pans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let cool 15 minutes, then invert and finish cooling on wire rack.
- We've got even more easy Amish recipes for you to enjoy. Just check out our collections: Amish Recipes for Breakfast, Classic Amish Casserole Recipes, and Classic Amish Dessert Recipes.
- We think the Shortcut Amish Friendship Bread is the perfect gift to give along with a hug on National Hugging Day. Click here to learn more about this internationally-recognized holiday!
Did You Know? Some people refer to Amish Friendship Bread as an "edible chain letter" because of how it is passed along and shared. It begins with a starter (dough) of flour, sugar, yeast, and water or milk. Then, it is left to ferment. After almost two weeks, the starter is divided into four equal parts. The baker keeps one part for themselves, and then shares the other three parts with friends, and they repeat the process with what they are given. The cool thing is, with the starter you can make other baked goods besides friendship bread like muffins, cakes, or biscuits. It's the gift that keeps on giving!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!