Shortcut Amish Friendship Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We put a shortcut twist on the time-honored recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. Instead of passing around a starter, our Shortcut Amish Friendship Bread recipe makes enough for two loaves, so you can just call your friends and invite them over to enjoy the finished product!
What You'll Need
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat two 9- x 5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir liquid mixture into flour mixture and combine well. Evenly divide mixture into 2 loaf pans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let cool 15 minutes, then invert and finish cooling on wire rack.
- We've got even more easy Amish recipes for you to enjoy. Just check out our collections: Amish Recipes for Breakfast, and Classic Amish Casserole Recipes.
- We think the Shortcut Amish Friendship Bread is the perfect gift to give along with a hug on National Hugging Day. Click here to learn more about this internationally-recognized holiday!
Did You Know? Some people refer to Amish Friendship Bread as an "edible chain letter" because of how it is passed along and shared. It begins with a starter (dough) of flour, sugar, yeast, and water or milk. Then, it is left to ferment. After almost two weeks, the starter is divided into four equal parts. The baker keeps one part for themselves, and then shares the other three parts with friends, and they repeat the process with what they are given. The cool thing is, with the starter you can make other baked goods besides friendship bread like muffins, cakes, or biscuits. It's the gift that keeps on giving!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.