Brown Sugar Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You can't go wrong with this recipe for Brown Sugar Brownies. If you under-bake them, they're chewy. If you over-bake them, they're more cakey. Either way, these brownies without chocolate are worth celebrating.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat well an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream softened butter; add brown sugar and eggs. Mix thoroughly then add flour and baking powder; blend. Stir in vanilla and nuts then pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan then cut into squares and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- Hungry for more? Check out this recipe for Upside-Down Banana Bread that's made with brown sugar too!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 315
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 15g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 5.7g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 3.0g 6 %
- Cholesterol 51mg 17 %
- Sodium 131mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 45g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 36g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone will love our fancy-sounding but easy-to-make Broccoli and Ham Quiche, whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And since you can combine the ingredients in advance and store them in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you're ready to thaw and bake it off, it makes an extra easy Easter meal!