Chocolate Caramel Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 26 Min
A box of cake mix gets you started on this tempting chocolate dessert. Mix up some Chocolate Caramel Brownies and enjoy the sinful sensation created by the gooey chocolate-covered caramels. Mmm!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box German or other chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (7-ounce) packages chocolate-covered caramels (see Option)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and the pecans, stirring with a spoon until a dough forms. Press half the dough into baking dish and bake 6 minutes, reserving remaining dough.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt caramels with remaining 1/3 cup evaporated milk over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove baking dish from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over warm dough. Spread melted caramel mixture over chips then crumble remaining dough over top.
- Bake 20 minutes. Let cool then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting.
If you prefer, you can use plain caramels rather than chocolate-covered ones.
For more to-die-for cake mix recipes, go to our collection page!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 322
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 9.6g 48 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.8g 6 %
- Cholesterol 19mg 6 %
- Sodium 284mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 28g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was inspired by Elvis, who had a love for all things peanut butter, bananas, and bacon! We may not be able to perform rock 'n' roll like our good friend, Terry Buchwald, but our Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake is our way of paying tribute to the King.