Mint Julep Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you're throwing a Kentucky Derby party or you just love the flavors in a traditional Mint Julep, you're going to love these Mint Julep Brownies. You don't have to be a horseracing fan to know that these homemade brownies are sure to be a winner.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla frosting
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring until smooth; cool slightly.
- Place eggs in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually add sugar and beat 1 to 2 minutes. Add chocolate mixture, flour, salt, 2 tablespoons bourbon, and 1 teaspoon peppermint extract; beat well. Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Spread over brownies, then cut into squares.
- Wanna make these kid-friendly? Just leave out the bourbon!
- And if you want to jazz these up even more, garnish each brownie with a mint leaf before serving.
- Wanna serve up refreshing Mint Juleps in drink form? Try ours! (Adults only!)
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 449
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 58 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 4.1g 8 %
- Cholesterol 82mg 27 %
- Sodium 264mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 59g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 46g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!