We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
From the hills of Pennsylvania comes this Amish-style cake full of solid goodness. Try it with your morning cup of coffee or tea for a real breakfast treat.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into 12 pieces
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon; stir to combine well. Cut in the butter, using a pastry cutter or fork, until the mixture is crumbly and forms pea-sized clumps. Stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- In a 1-cup glass measuring cup, beat the egg with a fork. Add the vanilla and enough milk to equal 2/3 cup total liquid. Add to the flour mixture and stir until thoroughly moistened.
- Transfer the batter to a 9-inch pie plate that has been coated with cooking spray. Smooth out the top of the batter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!
- Upside-Down Banana Bread
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 18 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Cake Mix Recipes: 39 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Pull-Apart Coffee Cake
- Raspberry Icebox Cake
- Texas Sheet Cake
- Pirates' Cove Cake
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Buttercream Frosting