Back-to-Basics Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sometimes, it's about simplicity; our Back-to-Basics Coffee Cake gets to the heart of what it means to make a classically good baked dessert. The nostalgic flavors of this sweet, old-fashioned cake are as faithful as any recipe from Grandma's cookbook. So, pour a steaming cup of coffee and unwind with the rich and butter flavors of this perfectly simple coffee cake recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips, brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the granulated sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until smooth. Slowly add flour and milk and beat until well mixed.
- Pour half the batter into baking dish. Sprinkle half the chocolate chip mixture evenly over the batter. Pour remaining batter over that, then sprinkle the top with remaining chocolate chip mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
Check This Out!
- Coffee cake just keeps getting better with this Apple Coffee Cake! And if you have a sweet tooth, give your Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake a try.
- Flying solo? Try this Coffee Cake for One! Plus, use this Almond Cafe Latte to wash it down.
- If you want more of that classic coffee flavor, eat a handful of these Java Nuts!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 311
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 3.3g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 4.4g 9 %
- Cholesterol 54mg 18 %
- Sodium 262mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 60g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 40g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!