Buttermilk Carrot Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Carrots are a vegetable and vegetables are good for us, so, does that mean we can serve up giant slices of this Buttermilk Carrot Cake? You're going to want to! One bite into this extra-creamy, homemade carrot cake and everyone will think you ordered it straight from the bakery up the road. Don't worry, we won't tell if you won't!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound carrots, shredded (about 2 cups packed)
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Buttery Cream Cheese Frosting (see Note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt; mix well. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except frosting. Stir flour mixture into carrot mixture until well combined. Divide batter between cake pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Place 1 cake layer upside-down on a serving plate and frost top with Buttery Cream Cheese Frosting (see note). Place second layer over first and frost top and sides. Cover loosely and chill at least 3 hours before serving.
- Click here to get our recipe for Buttery Cream Cheese Frosting. And, since this is a layer cake, you'll need to double the amount of frosting. Double the frosting, double the fun!
- Whether you're making this for Easter or because you just love carrot cake, we know you're going to love it. We also know everyone will enjoy these Easy Easter Dessert Recipes! You're sure to find a new favorite for everyone in this list.
- Tell us if you made this cake and how it turned out. Tell us about the memories you made while eating it! We always love hearing your feedback in the comments.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more Easter recipes, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 418
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.5g 13 %
- Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
- Sodium 461mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 61g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 41g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.