Candy Bar Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 cake
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 28 Min
You'd never guess that this cake started with a mix. It's dressed up with a layer of caramel topping and topped with peanut butter frosting but it's not finished until chopped candy bars are sprinkled on top!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (12.25-ounce) jar caramel topping
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (2.07-ounce) chocolate-coated caramel-peanut nougat bars, chopped
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Gently poke holes in top of cake, using end of a wooden spoon. Pour caramel topping slowly over cake.
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and butter at with an electric beater at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating at low speed until smooth; add milk. Stir in vanilla. Spread evenly over cake; sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Cut into squares to serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- If you enjoyed this Candy Bar Cake, we bet you'll love our Candy Bar Pie or our Candy Bar Brownie Trifle.
- Want even more tasty cake mix recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!