Chefs in Training Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This simple cake is perfect for young chefs-in-training. With a little supervision, your miniature cooks can be kitchen heroes, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, NOT drained
- 1 can (20 to 21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Spread the pineapple and pineapple juice on the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish. Place the pie filling over the pineapple, then spread the dry cake mix on top.
- Sprinkle with coconut and drizzle with the melted butter. Top with the chopped walnuts. Bake for 1 hour or until the sides are bubbling and the top is browned.
Makes 2 dozen squares.
Let the cake cool for about an hour before cutting. This is super for a slumber party! Just serve with scoops of ice cream on the side.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!
- Upside-Down Banana Bread
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 18 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Cake Mix Recipes: 39 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Pull-Apart Coffee Cake
- Raspberry Icebox Cake
- Texas Sheet Cake
- Pirates' Cove Cake
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Buttercream Frosting