Chocolate Cola Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Got the baking bug? Cure it with this easy recipe for chocolate cake with a secret ingredient! Okay, we'll let the secret out. It's one of the world's most popular soft drink flavors. Try our Chocolate Cola Cake for guaranteed raves!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4-serving-size) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups cola, divided (See Notes)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (16-ounce) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and oil until blended. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups cola. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes; pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
In a large saucepan, combine butter, cocoa, and remaining cola; cook over medium heat until butter melts, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla, then the pecans.
- Spread warm frosting over top of warm cake; cool completely on a wire rack.
- This cake is also great made with cherry-flavored cola!
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
- For more to-die-for cake recipes, be sure to check out our collection page!