Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add novelty to your wedding or any special occasion with this towering pyramid built from miniature chocolate cakes. With chocolate Mexican wedding cakes, theres no need to take a trip south of the border to celebrate with flair!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar for coating
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar, and beat with an electric beater on medium speed, scraping bowl often, until light and fluffy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (another 1 to 2 minutes). Reduce speed to low and add all remaining ingredients except confectioners' sugar. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until batter is well mixed and smooth (another 1 to 2 minutes).
- Shape by rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets; bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. Cool 5 minutes oncookie sheets. Carefully remove balls from cookie sheet and cool an additional 5 minutes.
- Roll balls in confectioners' sugar while still warm, and again when cool.
These bite-sized cakes are a chocolate version of traditional Mexican wedding cakes. For a fancy display, they're often mounded in a pyramid.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.