Chocolate Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 16 (Makes 2 loaf cakes)
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 20 Min
Who doesn't love pound cake? And when you taste this chocolate version, you're gonna love it even more!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
What To Do:
- Coat two 9- x 5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray and lightly flour.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the butter until fluffy. Alternately add the sugar (1 cup at a time) and eggs (1 at a time), beating well after each addition.
- Add cocoa and vanilla; blend well. Alternately add flour and milk, blending well and ending with flour. Scrape down sides of bowl and continue beating until well blended then pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Place pans on a rack in the center of a cold oven. Set the temperature to 300 degree F. and bake 80 to 90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans about 30 mintues then remove to platters.
Serve slices of this in a pool of our Vanilla Sauce, with fresh strawberries. And, if you'd like, enjoy one cake now and freeze the second one for later.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!