Coffee Can Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Coffee Can Cake is baked in an actual coffee can and made with a couple of tablespoons of coffee. Now this is what we call one of those "real" coffee cake recipes!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup ( stick) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 (16-ounce) clean metal coffee cans
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat inside of coffee cans with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, coffee, raisins, and baking soda. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add vanilla, egg, and cinnamon. Alternately stir in flour and cooled raisin mixture, mixing well. Fold in nuts. Evenly distribute batter betwen the 2 prepared coffee cans.
- Place both cans on a baking sheet and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes then remove cake from cans by opening bottoms with a can opener and pushing them out the top of the cans. Slice and serve.
- You could also bake this cake using 2 loaf pans.
- Since this recipe makes two cakes, why not have one now and freeze the other one right in the can with the plastic coffee can lid on top? Then you're ready for the coffee klatch.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 232
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 2.7g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.3g 7 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 147mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 42g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These Beer-Brined Pork Chops are so moist, so tender, and so flavorful, you're going to want to pick up the bone and nibble on it, so you don't leave any of the goodness behind. Make these delicious pork chops on your outdoor grill in the summer or on a grill pan on a rainy day!