Creamy Spanish Flan
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The recipe for Creamy Spanish Flan may have originated in Spanish cooking but, these days, everybody seems to love this creamy, custard dessert.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups whole milk
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, cook 1/2 cup sugar over medium heat until completely melted and caramelized, stirring occasionally. Immediately pour into a 6-cup tube pan, coating bottom of pan. Be careful when working with caramelized sugar: it is very hot!
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat eggs and vanilla 1 minute. Add remaining 1 cup sugar and beat until well combined. Add milk and beat until completely mixed. Pour over caramelized sugar in tube pan.
- Place tube pan in a large pan of hot water, with just enough water to go halfway up sides of tube pan. Bake 65 to 70 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Carefully remove from hot water bath and allow to cool 20 minutes. Cover and chill overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, run a knife around inside edge of pan to loosen flan from pan. Carefully invert flan onto a 12-inch rimmed serving plate, so that caramel sauce doesn't run off plate. Serve each wedge with caramel sauce.
This is one recipe that's definitely better when made the night before, so that the flan is thoroughly chilled before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!
- Peach Melba Dump Cake
- Ugly Cake
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Presidential Cake
- Black Forest "Quickie"
- Fruit Filled Coffee Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 18 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- Blueberries 'n' Cream Cake
- Neighborhood Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Country Lemon Coffee Cake